Monday, November 28, 2011

Mosquito nights and x rated bunnies!

What's it like where you are? It's hot and humid here, and most nights lately have been disturbed by one pesky mosquito that wakes me up by buzzing past my ear.
I've found that there are three courses of action that can be taken when in this situation.....
1. Bury yourself deeply under the covers and hope that "someone" else is woken too as he will always get out of bed, find it and kill it. This has two drawbacks as firstly it gets really hot under those covers and secondly, he often sleeps through mozzie attacks.
2. Hope the the mozzie will settle for the less than sweet blood of my husbands (mine is chocolate laced....no wonder they like it!) and then once fed it should let me sleep.
3. Get out of bed and find the mozzie spray.


What would you do? I go with number one every time. I bury my head and hope it goes away....hmmm, makes me sound like an ostrich!


Anyway, in the hope that one day I'll get to finish most of my ufo's I managed to complete my Wrenly quilt top....though my youngest daughter wants me to call it "Through the Window".... Actually, I think I quite like that name.




And as for my embroideries, well....!
Two things happened. 
1. (I'm so into lists tonight!) I got in touch with the lovely Kate from Lilipopo  as I adore her pretty embroideries and pictures and she gave me permission to use some of her pics to be embroidered for my "thirties" quilt! Yes, it does have a chance of being finished now. Now, make sure you pop over and look at what she's doing because she's just so very talented.
Here's what I came up with....


and this...
and this...


More on that theme to come.....


2. Oh, and the other thing that really amused me this week was finding that my bunny (from the last post) was featured on Mr X Stitch.
Warning....it's not a site for the faint hearted, it has some very adult content. Which is why it's all the funnier that my cute bunny ended up there!




5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Very interesting indeed that your bunny ended up where it did! It is very adorable, that's for sure, but who woulda guessed! Innocent by day, risqué by night! I do love your embroidered girls. Perhaps be more vigilant with them, yeah? Don't let them stray!
    x H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute to boot! I love those stitchy girls!! My method for mozzies in the night... I get under the blankets except for my head. I lay in wait because its only a matter of time before on my face then I swat it. It means I have to hit myself in the head which sounds quite daft but it does work. Gosh this sounds like confession Sunday. I really lile your Window pattern too, it shows off Wrenly perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "Through the Window" as a name and I think your quilt top is lovely!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog - we certainly are living in a land of droughts and flooding rains, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you. Bury my head in the blankets and wish the pest away. I LOVE your Wrenly quilt top, but have to agree that it should be named "Through the Window". Can't wait to see your "thirties" quilt. Those girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
    obat kuat
    obat kuat semarang

    ReplyDelete